Serene Forest

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Metabolic Acidosis and pH Balance

Hello All, 


Yesterday I had a very rough day. I am, however, doing better today. I did end up in paralysis and after coming out of it I was very weak and well you know the rest of that story! I did discover that I was in metabolic acidosis and had very low potassium so treated it with my potassium bicarbonate and sodium bicarbonate.

 

For awhile, I have been lazy and not used my pH meter. It is a little difficult to use, especially when I am not feeling well and on the edge of paralysis. So I discovered that Calvin had ordered the strips quite awhile back and did not realize we had them. I accidentally found them the other day.

When I woke up yesterday after 9 hours of sleep, a very unusual thing for me, and I felt really strange. I took my vitals and used the pH testing strip. I almost fainted when it was bright yellow and at 5.5 or lower. I knew immediately what to do but I went into paralysis anyway. After coming out of it, I continued to take more potassium and bicarbonate through the day and ate nothing that had any acidity whatsoever. By bedtime I was back in a better pH range and it held through the night.

So, my advice to all of you is to get some of those strips and also monitor your pH balance. PP is a mineral metabolic disorder which makes us prone to metabolic acidosis. When trying to figure out our triggers, the pH balance must be considered.

That is why we recommend the pH balance diet. It makes a huge difference if I follow it faithfully. I went from four or five full-body, severe episodes, lasting several hours each, a day to one or two a month which are less severe and lasted a shorter time.

If I had not realized the pH balance issue yesterday, with the levels I was at, I could have died. This is a very important issue for all of us. 

This is a good link about the pH balanced diet:http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm
Thanks for your continued support.

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment